Keynote - The Business of Innovation
The business of innovation explains real world innovation. This is not an academic excercise
but a keynote filled with real world examples drawn from Terry's long experience with
innovation in companies large and small.
Terry will cover:
- Where the best ideas originate in a company.
- How to create a culture of innovation.
- How to experiment and be ok with failure.
- How to kill a project not a person.
- How to fail fast and adapt.
- How to play to your strengths.
- How to build a 21st century team.
- What are two pizza teams?
- How to listen in a new way.
- How to do more with less.
- How to look beyond what is immediatly apparent.
- Why there is more than one right answer.
- How to review ideas effectively.
- Can you go with your gut?
- and much much more....
If the audience is composed of a large company (or companies) Terry will add
his section on "Innovation in a large corporation". Drawn from his experience
in building Travelocity.com inside American Airlines, Terry will cover:
- Building a separate organization to keep the idea alive.
- Providing effective air cover for a new idea.
- Building the right team and mixing internal and external staff.
- "Thinking outside the building" is moving out the right idea?
- Funding to keep the vultures away.
- If you can't have Venture Capitalists, how do you use their ideas?
- "The spirit of small, the power of all" .